The iPhone 6 has a 1810mAh battery compared to the 1560mAh battery in the iPhone 5S. And with the new iOS 8, its battery life was expected to be increased. However, that is not the case. Here are top 6 common iPhone battery issues that may hide in your smartphone.
1. How do I stop Facebook auto play from draining my phone battery?
As a default setting, Facebook videos will auto play. The videos that play will drain the battery and even use data when Wi-Fi is not available. Luckily, it’s a quick fix:
Go into Settings –> Facebook –> Settings–> Auto-play –> choose “Wi-Fi only” or “Off.”
To save every bit of battery, we would suggest “Off.” With this setting, videos will only play when you choose.
2. After 8 hours of charging, the battery shows 93%, but after unplugging and re-plugging it shows 100%.
This is most likely a physical issue that is slowing down the charging process. For example, sand clogging up the internal workings of your phone after accidentally dropping it at the beach. And you can buy a 3rd party replacement charging port for $20 and install it yourself.
3. After upgrading my iPhone to the latest iOS8, my cable won’t charge!
Since the latest update, all lightning cables that are not MFi certified may not charge your iPhone. To avoid future headaches, make sure your cable is certified and it will always charge.
4. After charging the iPhone all night, the charger says “this accessory is not compatible” when I detach and then reconnect the two.
The issue could either be:
1) The charger, and you should purchase a replacement
2) The charging port, which you could also replace yourself
5. After upgrading to iOS8, the battery life decreased on my iPhone.
Updating software on your phone will not always increase battery life. In fact, the iOS 8 update decreased battery life on the iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPad 4, and iPad mini Retina.Use the standard battery saving tips (decrease brightness, turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, location services when not in use).
This is when accessories will come in handy. Check out our new Kinkoo iPhone Portable Charger which can charge any device on the go.
6. Why doesn’t my Wifi or Bluetooth work?
iOS8 has given users issues with their wifi and bluetooth so we recommend a restart, reset or worst case, a restore.
To Reset: You can reset all of your settings back to factory default, which means all the prior changes you’ve made prior will be gone. Go to Settings –> General –> Reset.
To Restore: This should be your last resort to fix network issues as you will have to manually re-sync your data back after a complete wipe and restore.